Best Gaming Headsets under 100 in Dec 2017
- 1 Hyperx Cloud Core Gaming Headset Pc/Ps4
- 2 Creative Sound Blasterx H7 Tournament Edition, Hd 7.1 Surround Sound
- 3 Hyperx Cloud Gaming Headset (Xbox 1s, Nintendo Switch)
- 4 Corsair Gaming Void Usb Rgb Gaming Headset, Carbon
- 5 Turtle Beach Ear Force Dp11 Gaming Headset, Dolby Surround Sound – Ps3
- 6 Sennheiser Pc 350 Collapsible Gaming Headset, Mic Mute And Vol Control Included
- 7 Logitech G533 Wireless Gaming Headset, Dobly Surround Sound – Pro G Audio Drivers
- 8 Turtle Beach Call Of Duty Black Ops II
- 9 Hyperx Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset, Ps4, Pc, Xbox 1, Nintendo Switch
- 10 Steelseries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset
- 11 The Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Gaming Headsets with Mic Under $100.
Immersing yourself in the world of gaming is easy when you have the best gaming headset. Want to be able to hear footsteps? Want to make sure that you’re able to hear the bomb in CS: GO? Make sure you’re on top of the ball always with the proper peripherals.
There are certain headsets that aren’t high quality will not allow you to hear the difference between left, right, and behind. On this list, you’ll find that you’ll be able to not only hear well, but sharpen your reflexes and strategy, as well as your call out skills.
First on our list is a headset from a fantastic company that we’ve personally used (and are currently using as we speak). If you want to reduce the noise around you, such as your family, dog, or friends, and want to have a bit of noise reduction for your microphone, you’ll definitely want to invest in a HYPERX headset.
You’ll be fully immersed in the action and the game while respecting your friend’s ears and not having your friends listen to the loudness of your microphone.
On this Hyperx headset, you’ll have enhanced comfort around the ears, so your ears won’t feel exhausted or sore afterward. If you want the same superior sound as HYPERX’s Cloud (instead of this model), then you’ll want to check out this Cloud Core gaming headset.
No matter what console or system you’re playing with, you’ll be able to use this on Wii U, mobile devices, Xbox One, PC’s, and PS4 with ease. There’s a USB option, as well as a jack option for those that want to make the most out of their experience. Much less expensive than their Cloud II headset, you’ll still be able to reap the benefits of a fantastic audio system for gaming.
The Advantages of Hyperx Cloud Core
• Can be used on anything – PC, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Mobile
• The microphone is detachable for those that have other peripherals
• Enhanced comfort
• Sound has high, mid, and low tones
• Leatherette memory foam around the ears
The Disadvantages of Hyperx Cloud Core
• This model is only red and black – not many other color options online for this specific model.
Next on our list is a headset similar to the HyperX in design, but executed slightly differently. A little higher in price, there’s an analog version and a USB/analog duo version. On this headset, you’ll find an upgraded 50mm driver system so that your gameplay is much better regarding the audio. Immerse yourself in quality that makes you feel like you’re really there.
In comparison with other models from this company in this line, the mic quality has been improved on, as it’s been redesigned and now you can even detach it! You’ll be able to have your mic pick up on your voice without having to worry about the noise in the background.
Gaming environments can be tough to create – whether you’re a streamer that needs absolute silence around you, or you’re someone that leaves in a noisy apartment with other people, you’ll want a noise cancellation microphone and headset. There is red fabric lining on the ear cup that’s comfortable, while the headphones have an overall sleek steel and aluminum structure for providing the best quality in build and in sound.
The sound of this headset has actually won awards, as it features a dynamic sound structure with balanced and natural sound with boastfulness and clarity. There’s even an X-PLUS mode for those that want to use a great pair of headset in a competitive gaming environment.
The Advantages of Creative Sound BlasterX H7
• Enhanced clarity of the sound
• Drivers are upgraded – 50mm for better gameplay and superior audio
• Has options for both USB, analog, and all-in-one
The Disadvantages of Creative Sound BlasterX H7
• Fit may be uncomfortable for some people
• Design is more masculine – no other colors available
Hyperx Cloud Gaming Headset (Xbox 1s, Nintendo Switch)
While we’ve touched on this headset before, this one is specifically for the Nintendo Switch and the Xbox One S. If you’ve been lucky enough to get your hands on one of the two consoles, you’ll probably want something to help you fully immerse yourself into your new favorite Mario Game or Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Both beautiful games, the only way to fully put yourself in the game is by wearing a headset like the HyperX Cloud headset.
Attractive in price and cheaper than the Cloud II models, this headset is valuable in black and silver, all black, and more. You can opt for the normal headset, or the headset plus the carrying case bundle. As for the features of this product, you’ll be able to reap the comfortable benefits of the leatherette memory foam ear cups that enclose your ears and immerse yourself into the game. There’s also a velour set that comes along with each Hyperx headset, to make sure you’re going to be able to have the best comfort and always.
The Hi-FI capable drivers have a 15-25khz frequency response, and are 53mm, for those audiophiles that are very curious. Between the noise isolating ear cups and a detachable microphone for those that have another microphone in their inventory.
The Advantages of HyperX Cloud
• Suitable for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One S
• Backed up by a 2-year warranty
• Detachable microphone
• Extra set of velour ear cups
The Disadvantages of HyperX Cloud
• Not an incredible range of colors
• Ear muffs can be uncomfortable for some people
Next on our list is a fantastic headset from Corsair. A slightly different design than the HyperX headsets we’ve seen, this sleek and modern headset comes with a plethora of benefits. You’re able to use this multi-channel audio system that’s built-in to have the most genuine audio experience possible.
There are 50mm drivers and genuine Dolby 7.1 surround sound. Even though it’s all black, there’s an RGB dynamic lighting system that allows that all black color to shine bright and rock your favorite color. If you’re a streamer, this is a fantastic feature to help give your face cam that extra flair. There is complete CUE control software that comes with, and if you already own a Corsair mouse or RGB keyboard, you can hook it up to this system and make your colors synchronized.
There’s even a nice little feature called InfoMic, where you’re able to find out the status of your audio systems within seconds. People having trouble hearing you? Diagnose it with ease. Because of the fantastic 50mm neodymium drivers, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in the game as if you’re a part of the vast world you’ve logged into.
If you’re someone who favors comfort and quality and is willing to pay more, you’ll like the microfiber/memory ear pads that are foam – no worrying about “taking breaks” because your ears are exhausted.
The Advantages of Corsair Gaming VOID
• Has an advanced unidirectional microphone that’s noise canceling
• Is extremely comfortable with memory foam ear pads
• Lights up with the RGB dynamic multicolor settings
The Disadvantages of Corsair Gaming VOID
• The microphone doesn’t detach or push-up, so make sure you like the sound of this quality, or you’ll be stuck using another microphone with this one still around your mouth
You didn’t think we’d avoid including a Turtle Beach headset, did you? One of the originals for those that immersed themselves into Xbox for Call of Duty, Turtle Beach has only excelled and has continued to bring fantastic quality headsets to consoles and personal computers. Listed for a fantastic price, this PS3 only headset has a 360-degree audio quality that allows you to hear the footsteps of your enemies and secure the kill.
There are also equalizer presets that allow you to boost combinations of bass, midrange, and treble. There’s even a digital optical connection for those that want to make the most out of surround sound! Want fully customizable sound? Look no further.
The Advantages of Turtle Beach – Ear Force DP11
• Independent volume controls for personalizing your chat and game volumes
• Adjustable surround sound angles for those that want to customize the experience
• Also allows you to adjust the equalizer presets for maintaining the perfect sound
The Disadvantages of Turtle Beach – Ear Force DP11
• This model is specifically for PS3, which may not be of use to many people now, but there are other Turtle Beach models meant for PC, PS4, Xbox, and more
If you haven’t heard of Sennheiser, get to know them. This collapsible headset allows comfort and compact sleekness to join into one and bring the immersion to you. The closed circumoral construction of this headset allows you to reduce the ambient noise from around your home and lets you hear your games how they’re meant to be heard.
If you’ve had trouble in the past finding an ear set that’s large enough for your head or ears, and haven’t found any that are comfortable, you may be in luck with these large sized ear cups and even a large microphone. Do you like your microphones a bit larger? If so, this headset is perfect for you. Never worry if the microphone is too close or too far when this one is attached automatically at the perfect distance.
The Advantages of Sennheiser PC 350
• Makes transporting gaming equipment easy – is collapsible
• You can mute your microphone without going into your total settings
• You can control the volume right from the headset for better convenience
The Disadvantages of Sennheiser PC 350
• Doesn’t come in any other colors than black
• Microphone doesn’t detach and may be too large for personal preference
When someone talks about gaming headsets, it’s not often where you hear Logitech thrown into the mix. We’re not entirely sure if that’s because of a lack of marketing on Logitech’s end or what, but we think this G533 headset is fantastic. A slightly more “slanted” design than other headsets we’ve had here, this one is perfect for Windows 7 and up, and even features Pro-G audio drivers for the best audio sound possible.
Typically, these drivers are seen in higher-end headsets, which is why it’s fantastic that Logitech has this at such a low price (comparatively). The Pro G drivers are patent pending, and accurately recreates the sounds of the environment in the game. If you’re someone that loves open world games and listening to everything you can, this is a fabulous headset to try out.
The Advantages of Logitech G533
• Pro-grade audio and lossless digital transmission of advanced audio for fantastic sound and a high-quality connection – you can stand within 15 meters and still have great sound quality
• Wireless product that allows you to be as far away as possible – great for those with larger televisions that don’t want to sit directly in front of the tv.
The Disadvantages of Logitech G533
• No other color options available – something that’s extremely important for aesthetic-driven streamers
• Microphone is not detachable
This next gaming stereo headset feels a bit like Déjà vu, as we were just discussing the Turtle Beach brand and their correlation with Call of Duty. While Black OPS II is very outdated, it’s still a classic, and the quality of the sound on this headset is pretty good despite being a bit older.
This headset works on PlayStation 3, Windows, Mac, and Xbox 360 (if you’re still using that), although, you may be able to find that it could work on some newer consoles, too. This headset has a headphone amplifier within, allowing it to be stereo DC, and even has fantastic frequency responses for those that want the most genuine audio out of their gaming experience.
The Advantages of Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II
• Works for many types of consoles
• Comes with full drivers that are 50mm and allow you to block out external noise
• Durable braided cloth over the wire so it doesn’t bend and break
• Mute switch and bass switch for boosting and customizing your sound
The Disadvantages of Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II
• A product marketed for Call of Duty Black OPS II – may be niche specific or unappealing aesthetically
We can’t forget to include this very popular model of HyperX Cloud – the Alpha Pro gaming headset. This headset is perfect for anyone of any console to use, and there are no console wars happening! The dual chamber drivers of this headset ensure less distortion in the audio and more distinction, so you can hear what’s what – fantastic for those super into Player Unknown’s Battleground and want to hear if those were footsteps in the grass or just the random sounds PUBG puts into the game. There is a microphone frequency response of 50hz-18,000Hz, and the cord is braided to protect the enclosed material.
The Advantages of HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro
• Detachable microphone
• Microphone has noise cancellation properties
• Detachable braided cable for convenience
• For use with the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox 1
The Disadvantages of HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro
• Not many color options to choose from
Want something that’s a little more circular and comes in quite a few colors? You’ll want to check out this fantastic headset from SteelSeries. You’ll get to enjoy a pull-out microphone, closed ear headphones, and even an integrated volume switch on the cord of the headset. There are tones within the audio that sound fantastic and will give you shivers down your spine as you listen to the soundtrack from Life is Strange.
The construction of this headset is comfortable for most heads and ears, and you won’t have to worry about your ears feeling uncomfortable after hours of immersing yourself into your new favorite game. The driver units are 50mm, for those curious, and are pretty standard for higher-end gaming headsets.
The Advantages of SteelSeries Siberia v2
• The construction is lightweight and isn’t too bulky
• Headphones are comfortable
• Low, mid, and high tones sound gorgeous
• Microphone is sleeker
The Disadvantages of SteelSeries Siberia v2
• This product is unfortunately not wireless, but the cord isn’t too bad
The Final Verdict
After all the fantastic options we’ve given you, you’re probably stuck as to which you should by, as they all offer what games require: great microphone quality for your party to be able to hear your callouts, circumoral construction, noise reduction, and more.
If you want a headset from a great manufacturer that has all of those things, you’ll want to check out the Sennheiser PC 350 Collapsible gaming headset with microphone muting, and even volume control. Offered at a great price from a great company, there’s no way you can go wrong.